Reduce risks and help with compliance issues by monitoring battery float current
Float Charging Current Probe
A unique tool for a continuous safeguard
Holds up to
One unique tool, five applications
Precise. Simple. Smart. Rugged
Patented measurement technology
Multitel’s innovative measuring and digital filtering techniques eliminate AC ripples to provide a pure DC component between 0 to 5 Amp with a resolution down to 1mA.
Smart alarms and trending
The FCCP is able to detect the battery operating mode, recharge, discharge or floating and therefore prevents the sending of false alarms in recharge and discharge modes. An analog output signal is available in popular 0-50mV or 4-20mA signals.
Quick and safe installations
The split-core transducer enables easy installation without opening the battery circuit. The unit is powered from 18 to 60VDC or 120VAC power adapter. The integrated zero offset calibration process eliminates the guesswork.
Discover a world of possibilities and applications
Thermal Runaway Prevention
Prevention is key to avoid a catastrophic event
- Float charging current and ambient temperature are two critical contributors at the origin of a thermal runaway events.
- Float charging current measurements will provide the earliest, most holistic and precise detection of thermal runaway.
- Using an FCCP can help with compliancy to IFC section 608 and NFPA 1. Article 52 fire codes.
- The FCCP analog and digital output signals integrates easily with DC system controllers, battery monitors, SCADA or RTUs;
- The FCCP is ideally suited for small to large VRLA, VLA and NiCad battery systems.
- Installs easily in small telecom outside plant cabinets up to large data center UPS battery systems.
Complete FCCP features overview
A thermal runaway is an incident that builds up slowly over time and results in an uncontrollable increase of temperature. Undetected thermal runaways can lead to costly damage to equipment and, in more severe case, fire or personal injury. Thermal runaway protection is therefore essential for your facility.
Download the Specification Sheet for a complete overview
Input Signal: 0 to 5Adc (Split Core CT).
Output Signal: 0-50mVdc, optional 4-20mA loop.
Dry Contacts: Up to 150Vdc @ .2A (resistive).
Mounting: Desktop, wall mount bracket included or optional rack mounting bracket.
Input Power: Single 18 to 60 VDC or optional 120Vac Class II power supply adapter.
Operating Temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F).
Safety: CSA/UL/EN 61010.
Emissions: EN-61326 Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use. FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B.